Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Emerg Ltg Suggestions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Navyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi All

    I am looking for some suggestions/ideas. I have been tasked to install and emerg/exit lighting system in our facility (Ontario). I am familiar with the requirements, so my question is related to the ?control? of this system.

    Currently our plant lighting, mostly 1000 watt MH fixtures, is controlled from a panel 480/277 Volt, 60 Amp feeder, with 20 Amp circuits breakers for branch circuits. All the phases are pretty well balanced and most of the circuits are around the 65% load value. This control panel and branch circuit breakers are controlled from a switch(s) that operate a lighting contactor that turns on/off all the lights in the plant.

    We have numerous ?power flicks? and our lights do go out quite a bit. A problem with being in the country I guess. Other then that the systems seems to work quite good.

    What I was thinking about putting a phase sensing relay on the main feed and then having it work a timed relay/contactor that would keep the emerg lighting power circuits open until full illumination is achieved. I suspect that I will need about 5 circuits at 277 Volts to feed the 24 Volt power supplies located around the plant. This seems simple enough, but I was just wondering if anybody had any other ideas before I start pricing out material.

    Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Navyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Further to last post, I guess that I should also specify that the system is wired so that any one area in the plant will not be darkened if a circuit breaker trips. Lights are wired in a manner that if a circuit breaker trips, there is other lights in the area that are on different circuits that should remain on. So I am only concerned about and entire loss of power or a loss of phase by a blown fuse or faulty contact, etc.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •